Thursday, September 14, 2006

Hapblogpy Anblogniblogversblogablogry....BLOG!!!

I’ve read couple of blogs lately mentioning anniversaries, and for that reason I thought I would check back and see when I started mine. On September 14th I discovered I have been blogging for exactly one year on the 15th, I nearly missed my anniversary. If this blog were my wife I would quite nearly have been in big trouble (blog trouble?!?). I would have had to eat cold blogoroni instead of a nice dinner out, and had to sleep on the hide-a-blog. As it turns out though, I am already married to a lovely woman and being married to a blog would make me a bigamist (a blogamist!?!) not to mention just plain silly.

In this last year I have run the gamut of serious retrospection to attempts at humor to adding words to the English language. On this momentous day I have decided this blog is going back to its roots. So, let the nonsense begin again, let the muffin pants swell with eager anticipation, let the Squarepants make ready!!!

I’ve got a plan so cunning you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel…

And now… please rise for our national anthem!



Our country reeks of trees
Our yaks are really large
And they smell like rotting beef carcasses
And we have to clean up after them
And our saddle sores are the best
We proudly wear womens clothing
And searing sand blows up our skirts
And the buzzards they soar overhead
And poisonous snakes will devour us whole
Our bones will bleach in the sun
And we will probably go to hell
And that is our great reward
For being the-uh ro-yal canadian kilted yaksmen

2 comments:

brent said...

I love that song. And I missed my blog-o-versary. I'm really broken up about it. Really. For real.

kari-o said...

YESSSS! It has been WAAAY too long since I heard the anthem of the Royal Canadian Kilted Yaksmen. What an appropriate way to celebrate this monentous occasion. (oh, and "Blogamist" would have made my tea come out my nose had I been sipping at that precise moment.)